In 1904, the Seventh-day Adventist Church's Pacific Press Publishing Association relocated from Oakland, California to Mountain View, bringing Adventist families who desired to have their children receive a Christian education that they might "grow in the nurture and admonition of the Lord." With that, the Adventist church established an elementary school in 1906 at the Press on Villa Street off of what was then named Bailey Ave (now Shoreline Blvd). That school grew to include a secondary school, Mountain View [Union] Academy in 1918. In 1972, Miramonte School moved to the current location, the site of the former Los Altos Carmel Avenue Elementary public school.
Our Mission: Miramonte Christian School, an elementary and middle school, is committed to students’ individual academic excellence and offers an exceptional open supportive environment to achieve a well-balanced education and responsible citizenship while instilling fundamental Christian values.
"Growing Strong, Independent and Responsible Christian Children."
We are committed at Miramonte Christian School to provide opportunities for students to achieve their personal best, become responsible and productive citizens, and embrace lifelong learning in a safe and positive environment. Our goal is to help students become competent compassionate Christians by:
- encouraging an ongoing, personal relationship with Christ, manifested in our love for others.
- cultivating active, compassionate, responsible servants of our community and our world.
- building a loving, accepting community which nurtures the development of respect
for self and others.
- teaching leadership, cooperation, and willingness to take responsibility.
- encouraging a life-long love of staying fit and healthy in mind, body, and spirit.
- striving to develop life-long learners, enthusiastic problem-solvers and pursuers of
To learn more about the Seventh-day Adventist education system click here .
photos at right:
Top = early 1900s Pacific Press School
Lower right= Principal's house moves to Altamead in 1970s
Lower Left = 1930s and 1940s "Miramonte School" at MVA location
1936-7 "Students and Faculty, Mountain View Union Academy" including elementary Miramonte students in front rows
To view these full sized - click HERE